Sixth ENVRI week will be organized in hotel NH Zandvoort, Netherlands, May 14-18, 2018
What is ENVRI week?
ENVRI week is a week dedicated to Environmental Research Infrastructures. It is organized twice a year, in November and in May. ENVRI week hosts ENVRIplus project related sessions as well as several other sessions targeting different groups of stakeholders.
Dates of the next ENVRI weeks
- 7th EW – November 5-9, 2018 (most likely Prague)
- 8th EW – March 25-29, 2019 (most likely Helsinki)
This ENVRI week will host three Hands-on Workshops and Training events. The events are tailored to different staff working in the Research Infrastructures.
1. Training/Workshop for RI Management staff focusing on how to build a sustainable governance and funding model for your research infrastructure;
2. Communications Workshop, organized for RI communication managers/officers. The WS will focus on sharing best practices and boosting the cooperation with industry by improving RI communications strategies;
3. Workshop for the RI station managers / Station Principal Investigators to share their experiences, challenges, and solutions on operating RI site.
An outline of the agenda can be downloaded from here. Detailed session agendas will be made available closer to the event.
To register for the ENVRI week, fill out this form and click the Submit button. Register by April 22nd. Please be aware that you must book your room separately. The registration form does not guarantee the room. See “accommodation” section below for information about the hotel booking form.
We made a block reservation for our group in Hotel NH Zandvoort. The hotel offers us a special quote. You can get the quote by booking through this site: https://www.nh-hotels.com/event/6th-envri-week
It is important you book your room through this booking site because it links your booking with our block reservation. ENVRIplus will be charged for the rooms in case fewer rooms are booked. So please, use this link.
FROM THE AIRPORT
Train: From Schiphol Airport departs a train every 30 minutes to Zandvoort aan Zee. It costs €7.40.
Taxi: It’s a 35 minutes trip and is around €80.
FROM THE TRAIN STATION
From Zandvoort aan Zee Station: take the bus 81 to Circuit. It costs €1.02.
The Zandvooort station is just a 12-minute walk from the hotel
If you’re in the city for a few days buy a bus day tickets.
Click here for a Zandvoort transport map.
The hotel’s GPS Coordinates: 52.384840°N 4.533253°E
Parking: Onsite is €14+VAT / day or offsite €6+VAT / day
Click here to get directions.
POINTS OF INTEREST
- Boulevard Zandvoort (400m)
- Beach Zandvoort (1,5km)
- Kennemer Dunes National Park (6km) – The variation in vegetation is very broad leading to a wealth of flora and fauna. Alongside numerous foxes, deer and rabbits, the Kennemerdunen dunes are home to many species of birds, insects and amphibians. There are also different types of bat who sleep and hibernate in the old bunkers left behind after World War Two. To guarantee a sound natural balance, horses and cattle were released into the area several years ago.
- City of Haarlem (10 min. by train) – With its ancient buildings, cobbled streets and winding waterways, the medieval city of Haarlem is one of themost photogenic destinations in the Netherlands. Easily reachable by train, Haarlem is often referred to as a scaled-down version of its more famous neighbour.
Seeing you soon in Zandvoort!