The PANGAEA Data Publisher for Earth and Environmental Sciences, MARUM and UNIVERSITY OF BREMEN are offering the position –under the condition of job release- of a
Post-Doc / Research Associate
Salary level 13 TV-L (100%)
Reference number A324/17
in the field of
Research Data Management / European H2020 Project FREYA
at the earliest possible date until 30th November 2020.
The PANGAEA Data Publisher for Earth and Environmental Sciences (www.pangaea.de) is a joint facility of MARUM (www.marum.de) at University Bremen and AWI (www.awi.de), Bremerhaven. It is responsible for data integration in several national, European and international research projects. The position is tied to the European project FREYA which aims to promote open access to research data, to enable the integration between articles, data, researchers, and other research assets across the research lifecycle and to foster sustainable international e-infrastructures based on persistent identifiers.
We look for a strong personality, someone who enjoys working within an international context, with good knowledge of the research data management landscape in Europe and a strong understanding of policy, planning, technical and service issues related to research data management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (1) presenting and publishing project results and PANGAEA at national and international conferences, workshops and journals as well as consulting and aligning with other thematically-related research projects; (2) coordinating and implementing project tasks such as the preparation of deliverables and finalization of milestones; (3) execution of technical and organizational concepts and implementations; and (4) administrative tasks, such as the contribution to the creation of legal documents, preparation of reports and organization of project meetings.
- A background in earth- and environmental sciences, e.g. PhD in biology, geology or similar fields or a degree in Library or Information Science.
- A double competence in earth- and environmental sciences and working knowledge in scientific data bases.
- Experience with acquisition and management of research funds from national/international science foundations.
- Experience in working with research data management as a researcher or research data manager, librarian or digital archivist.
- Strong interest and competence to represent project results at international conferences, workshops, meetings.
- Experience in the preparation and presentation of third-party funded research projects.
- Experience in project management within European or large scale national projects.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies (e.g. metadata standards, ontologies and persistent identifiers) and open access policies in data management and scholarly communication is desirable.
- Fluent English (CEF B/C, written and spoken).
The University of Bremen intends to increase the proportion of female employees in natural sciences; therefore, women are particularly encouraged to apply. In case of equal personal aptitudes and qualification, disabled persons will be preferentially considered. The University of Bremen explicitly invites persons with migration background to apply.
Inquiries should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications including a cover letter, CV, publication list, copies of degree certificates, a statement of research interest and the names of two referees should be submitted until February 28, 2018 under the reference number A324/17 to:
Dr. Michael Diepenbroek
MARUM, University of Bremen
or electronically to email@example.com
For a paper-based application, please make sure to only send document copies.