The Laboratory for Sciences of Climate and the Environment (LSCE) is looking for a qualified and motivated scientific project officer to support its activities in the context of European Research infrastructures (RIs).
Responsibilities and tasks
- Support the ENVRIplus Technology theme coordination: project management, tracking scientific progress and deliverables, reporting on teleconferences, assisting with the scientific reporting
- Support the liaison to industry activity: creating an industry network for research infrastructures and contributing to the preparation of an innovation roadmap for the procurement needs of RIs
- Support the Metrology liaison activity in ENVRIplus: engage in the discussion between RIs and National Metrological Institutes, support the preparation of the deliverable
- Support the international, cross-disciplinary field campaign preparation within ENVRIplus
- Responsibility for the execution of the CEA budget in ENVRIplus
- Contribute to the management of other ENVRIplus-related projects at LSCE
- Scout funding opportunities in H2020 framework and other sources
- Support the recruitment process of engineers at LSCE in the context of ENVRIPlus/ICOS RI
- Scientific or engineering background related to environmental/Earth sciences, experience with project management
- Very good written and oral English skills. French language is an asset.
- Well-organized and solution-oriented
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team as well as in a European context
- A limited amount of travel in Europe is expected
LSCE is a joint research unit of the French Atomic Energy Commission (CEA), CNRS and UVSQ with 300 staff members dedicated to measurement and modelling of climate change and greenhouse gas fluxes.
LSCE has strategic responsibilities in the Integrated Carbon Observing System (ICOS) which is a RI dedicated to measuring in situ fluxes of greenhouse gases between the atmosphere, land and the ocean. Responsibilities include hosting and operating the ICOS Atmospheric Thematic Center (ATC), and operating the large French network of ICOS atmospheric GHG measurement sites.
Through ICOS RI, LSCE is also involved in ENVRIplus, an interdisciplinary European project dedicated to clustering Environmental RIs including multi (e.g. ICOS RI), aquatic, solid Earth, ecosystem and atmospheric RIs. In ENVRIplus, LSCE is responsible for leading the so-called Technology theme and supervising all aspects related to measurement technology. The successful applicant will support and engage with the strategic operations of ICOS RI and ENVRIplus at LSCE.
Duration of the position: 18 months
Salary: Salary depends on academic level and experience
Applications: Please send your CV and cover letter to Jean-Daniel Paris firstname.lastname@example.org