EMBRC is looking for a motivated and proficient Scientific and Technical Communication Officer to support and amplify RIs development potential through effective communication, social relations and reporting. Policy makers will act as a main audience of the communication that will include extensive and factual reporting activities. Producing articles for social media channels and events will be needed in order to tell to a broader community of scientists and policy makers about the achievements of the scientific community. The creation of original and structured content to adequately describe the EMBRC-ERIC activities, achievements and general organisational status will be a main activity of the Officer.
Main responsibilities include:
- Prepare original messages, based on available documents, to be used in communication material such as printed brochures, audio-visual material or other forms of communication material representing EMBRC-ERIC, including social media channels, and addressing a variety of audiences, including policy, science, industry and the general public;
- Represent EMBRC-ERIC in scientific seminars, workshops and conferences, and multiply user community engagement;
- Follow the projects in which EMBRC is involved in, preparing information and reports as required, traveling to project meeting, and supporting the development of project-actions;
- Support the Executive Director in the creation of reports on EMBRC-ERIC status responding to policy agency requests (among others: EU Commission, ESFRI Committee, OECD), and other material to represent EMBRC in conferences and symposia.
- In coordination with the Secretariat, organise outreach activities, including scientific, policy, industry and general public audiences;
- Other tasks as instructed by the EMBRC-ERIC Executive Director.
EMBRC-ERIC Headquarters in Paris, France.
Applications will be accepted until the 31st of March 2017. The position will start on June 1st, 2017.
Please read more about the requirements and the application process here.