7th ENVRI week will be organized in Tallink Hotel Riga, Latvia, November 5-9, 2018
What is ENVRI week?
ENVRI week is a week dedicated to Environmental Research Infrastructures. It is organized twice a year ENVRI week hosts ENVRIplus project related sessions as well as several other sessions targeting different groups of stakeholders.
OPEN ENVRI COMMUNITY MEETING
This ENVRI week will host an open ENVRI community meeting (organized on November 5). We invite all the environmental Research Infrastructures, EC funded I3 and IAs, e-infrastructures as well as other relevant RI networks, projects and clusters to attend the meeting. More information can be accessed here.
You can register by filling the registration form here.
Online registration has been extended until October 22, 2018.
Address: Elizabetes 24,
Riga LV-1050, Latvia
Phone: +371 6709 9760
We made a block reservation for our group in Tallink Hotel Riga. You can book the room through this page: https://www.tallinkhotels.com/tallink-hotel-riga/double-twin.
Contact Leysan Karimova for the promo code.
It is important you book your room through this booking site because it links your booking with our block reservation.
- by BUS
Bus No. 22 runs on the City Centre and the bus stop is by the Central Station.
– Leave the bus at station “Central Station” at Riga Central Railway Station .
- by MINIBUS
Minibus No. 322 runs on the City Centre and the bus stop is by the Central Station
– Leave the minibus at final stop “Central Station” at the Riga Central Railway Station.
Arriving from Port of Riga by public transport (by tram)
– Leave the bus at (Station „Merkela street“).
– Tallink Hotel Riga address is Elizabetes 24.
SOCIAL DINNER ON WEDNESDAY
Please join us for a Social Dinner on Wednesday, November 7th at 7:30 PM at the “Key to Riga” restaurant.
The restaurant is located in the centre of Riga’s Old Town and has a wonderful view on one of the oldest churches in Riga — Dome Cathedral. The restaurant specializes on traditional Latvian cuisine.
Please click here to see the menu for the Social Dinner.
POINTS OF INTEREST
It takes only 10-minute walk from Tallink Riga Hotel to the Old Town Riga – the heart and soul of Latvia’s capital.
Old Town Riga is a popular entertainment district in the historical and geographical center of Riga, featuring cobble-stone streets and an abundance of architectural gems.
What to see in Old Town Riga:
- House of the Blackheads – a venue for exhibitions, concerts and other events and the Latvian president’s temporary residence, is a landmark of Riga Old City and the Latvian capital’s most magnificent edifice.
- Three Brothers – The three historical houses in Old Town Riga built closely together have been called the Three Brothers for centuries – legend has it they had been built by three men of one family.
- Riga Castle – The third Riga Order Castle or Riga Castle on the bank of the River Daugava in Riga Old City is one of the largest medieval castles in Latvia with a long and exciting history.
- Riga Cathedral is one of the oldest sacred buildings of the medieval period in Latvia and also the Baltics.
- Riga St. Peter’s Church – Riga’s tallest church with a tower offering a breathtaking view of the red roofs of Old Town, the modern part of the city, Riga Bay and the Daugava River with its large port.
- Latvian National Museum of Art – The collection of the largest art museum in Latvia comprises more than 52 thousand works by Baltic and Russian painters and sculptors.
Seeing you soon in Riga!
For practicalities: Leysan Karimova
For the agenda and session organization: Magdalena Brus