The Svalbard Integrated Arctic Earth Observing System (SIOS) is seeking an experienced, creative and executive person to lead the continued development of SIOS as the director. The SIOS consortium coordinates state-of-the-art research infrastructure and observing capacity, owned by the members, in order to foster excellent environmental and climate change research in the Svalbard region.
The Director will play a central role in developing SIOS in direct contact with the SIOS Board of Directors and also with users and stakeholders.
The responsibilities of the Director include following:
- Serve as SIOS official representative
- Co-ordinate and implement the SIOS plans
- Take initiatives to develop SIOS further
- Lead the day-to-day operations of SIOS-KC
- Take the lead in assembling and guiding work groups and task forces towards the goals allocated by the SIOS Board of Directors and General Assembly
- Stimulate, follow, coordinate and when appropriate lead processes of acquiring external funding for the furthering of SIOS
- Report to the SIOS Board of Directors and the SIOS General Assembly
- Serve as Director for SIOS Svalbard AS and in that capacity report to the Board of Directors of SIOS Svalbard AS
The position is located at the Knowledge Centre in Longyearbyen, Svalbard.
Deadline for application is 1st September 2017.
Read more and apply to the position here